Blog Topic Ideas
The following are general topics that you can expand on in your own personal website. Please keep in mind that most of these topics are not unique or original, and they are not meant to be. The goal of this list is simply to inspire you to think a little bit outside of the box and maybe help with a common enemy: writer’s block.
The key is to make each topic work for you based on your own experiences and your personal preferences. Try to bring something new to the table. Take advantage of the fact that everyone is different, and your thoughts and experiences will likely bring a new perspective to a topic that’s already been discussed over and over.
- What inspires you at work? At home? At school?
- Share a website you spend way too much time on, and why
- Talk about a special cause and why it’s important to you
- Share tips on anything that has worked great for you (on studying, finances, fashion, etc.)
- Project you would do if you had the money/time or still want to do? (community project, music project, art project, etc.)
- Best *insert CMS* plug-ins that you’ve tried and loved
- What are you reading right now? Would you recommend it?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years?
- The hardest lesson you’ve had to learn
- Your favorite recipe
- Books/Movies that changed your life or stood out to you
- Share an anecdote from your childhood
- Guilty pleasures: Music/Movies/TV shows/Books
- Offline vs. Online relationships according to your own experiences
- Memorable movie/book characters
- Share a funny/inspiring/educational video that you’ve come across recently
- Do you have any family traditions? If so, what are they? If not, what would you like to have?
- Your Best/Worst Job(s)
- Best *insert browser* add-ons and why
- Your Ideal Vacation
- If you could create an internet application, what would it be? Why is it needed?
- What have you been listening to lately?
- What you aspired to be when you were a child; has it changed?
- Book vs. the Movie and your thoughts
- Create a music mix for your visitors
- How do you relax? Why does it help?
- Why do you blog/paint/*insert hobby*? What got you started?
- Hidden Talents
- Dream Job(s) and why
- Your personal style and favorite stores
- What are your favorite blogs of the moment?
- Your definition of success
- Room/House tour; show us your digs!
- What do you frequently spend money on? Why?
- What’s your earliest memory?
- Design/Craft tutorial
- Favorite art/photography/design portfolios
- Future goals and how you plan to attain them
- Tell us a secret
- Your ideal partner/friend/boss?
A few tips to keep in mind:
- Pictures and/or screencaps make all the difference when it comes to certain topics, such as ‘Room Tour’, ‘Your ideal vacation’, and ‘Your favorite recipe.’
- When you share tips, try to keep it personal. You don’t want to end up sounding like a productivity blog, you want to relate to your readers. Don’t feel pressured to sound like an expert–just write about it like you were talking to a friend.
Let me know if these were useful to you!